Aha! I was following the directions in this doc:
(The original is down)
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:4R459Pv0lNcJ:www.ubaight.com/xmail/BeginnersGuide.html+xmail+userpasswd&hl=en

> If you want your root account to get the postmaster's mail your
server.tab setup is complete. I prefer sending postmaster mail to
another account so you may want to replace "root" with a different account:

> "PostMaster" [Tab] "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" [Return]

In this case, is mydomain.org supposed to be a special value, ie the
computer's host domain name? Are root / postmaster system accounts? Would
these accounts not need XMail user accounts to receive mail in the first
place?

Rob Arends wrote:
> Are you sure the postmaster account isn't
>
>  '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
>
> Rob: -)

In this case, is postmaster a system user or an XMail user? I have not
added any postmaster account in XMail yet.

Thanks

Ross