Check the permissions on the mailroot and everything below it are set as
per the xmail readme
http://www.xmailserver.org/Readme.html#configuration

If you have a windows computer try using XMail Administrator
http://www.webifi.com/xmail/
All you have to configure to get it to work are ctrlaccounts.tab and
ctrl.ipmap.tab

Bill