Hello Folks-

I'm running XMail and Apache2 on a SuSE 9.2 box. Both servers have been up and
running normally for months. I'm creating a web page that uses the php mail()
function to send the data from a form. The php scripts work as expected
except for the mail() function which fails.

My question:
If I run XMail in debug mode will I see an entry for any attempt to access the
sendmail module, or will I only see an error if the connection is successful
but the data is formatted wrong?

I would expect that any attempt to connect would be displayed, but for some
reason I'm not seeing anything at all. I've even tried connecting directly
using:

$fd = popen("/usr/sbin/sendmail","w");
fputs($fd, ......

Nothing. Yet I can log on and send mail from the command line using mail
without problems. Any tips on getting the php mail() function to work with
XMail? I'm running low on ideas here.

Jeff