Norbert,
There are DNS block lists out there that allow you to look up a domain to
see if it is listed, in just the same way you'd look up an ip address in a
RBL.

Something like....

If the RBL was rbl.tld.cc
And the domain to look up was spammer.com
Then...

spammer.com.rbl.tld.cc
If it returned 127.0.0.2 (or 127.0.0.1, etc) then it would trigger xmail to
block the email.

So your monster file would need to be massaged into a Bind zone file, like
so...

$ORIGIN rbl.tld.cc.
$TTL 1D
spammer.com             PTR     127.0.0.1

Obviously you'd need to insert the SOA/NS records at "........." and any
other tweaks you like.
Then once you've created the zone file, restart your named.
Then in xmail's server.tab - CustMapsList, list your RBL first. (obviously
you'd need your resolv.conf to point to your named otherwise you'd need to
delegate and make public your RBL.)  I have a local named running as a cache
anyway, so hosting a zone is an easy step after that.

*AND* for all you (me included) windows users, you can get BIND for W32 - so
there is no excuse.

Davide's comment of using DNS as an efficient lookup tool is very accurate
and I'd recommend any list of spammers etc that you have should be
maintained as an RBL.  Sequential reading of files is just way too slow.

There are even RBL programs out there for your local server. One thing they
offer is an RBL cache.  So xmail queries your own RBL, and it queries any
number of RBLS for you and caches the result.  This saves in bandwidth too.
(Just Google for them.)

Rob :-)

Note To Self: Remember to put something witty here later...