> XMail was crashing for an unhandled exceptional condition. Log would have
been of no help.

True, but now that you have that handled, would the received email...
1. be delivered
2. be dropped in the bit-bucket

And how would the event be logged in the filters log?

(obviously in Ana's case where the spool file was deleted upon return to
xmail, it wouldn't be delivered).

Rob :-)

Note To Self: Remember to put something witty here later...