For some folks they receive emails twice, for some it's three times,
but not (that I've heard anyways) more than that.

An example: Joe Smith comes back from holidays, and has 50 emails
sitting there for him. He receives each and every one three times
exactly, ending up with 150 new emails in his inbox.

Jane Doe checks her email every morning, and most mornings ends up
receiving two of every email.

Note that it's not selective: If a user is going to have this happen,
it's going to every single email they happen to be retrieving at the
time. If it's not going to happen, it's not going to happen on ANY of
the emails they are retrieving.

Aaron