In psync process each popep mail is put in xmail spool for local =
delivery.
In smtp 'in' process each received mail is put in xmail spool for local
delivery.
Then, when xmail 'smail' process read the spool to deliver the mail,
depending if the destination is local or not local, filter-in or =
filter-out
will be fired respectively.

So even if a psync filter process comes in, the filter-in will be fired =
too.
As for smtp 'in'.

A psynf filter process should be used to run pop3 specific filters not
allready in the filter-in process.
If not, you will have exactly the same filter running twice or more (if
redirects, forwards, ...) so the initial problem to not rerun the same
filter on the same mail is back ! You will then have to implement a =
sort of
'flagging' to avoid redo the job ...

Francis