At 18.04 24/12/09, you wrote:

What you have seen in the latest bug report, it is a bug.

Do you mean there's a bug in XMail? (I'm still using 1.26 on my server).

Let me explain what I think has happened: webmail created a file in spool/local with a header like this:

MAIL FROM:<sen...@address>
RCPT TO:<g...@address>
RCPT TO:<>

LMAIL correctly picked up and exploded this file into single-recipient spool files. When processing the spool file with the empty recipient, XMail raised the -55 error, I think because of bad recipient's address. I think in this case a bounce to sen...@address would be fine.

Ciao, Francesco