On Thu, 1 Apr 2010, Sabahattin Gucukoglu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At any given time I have about 100 mails destined to go nowhere due to
> forged mail setting off a challenge, because the MX record is just "."
> or sometimes "dev.null".  It would be nice if such errors were detected
> immediately.  When these mails are in the queue, any new mail arriving
> by SMTP is delayed quite noticeably.  Is there anything I can do about
> this except
> find /var/xmail/MailRoot/spool ! -type d -delete
> from time to time?  Would it be possible to deal with new mail received
> by SMTP first, then the stuff in rsnd directories?

The command above would be a really bad idea, as it'd nuke the spool :)
On top of that, if you do that when XMail is running, you are going to
mess up with it, since you are removing content from within its domain.
At the moment you'd need to do it externally, by parsing the spool.
But if you want to remove stuff from it, you better stop XMail before, and
clean all the associated files inside the spool.