First of all thanks for your reply,

Second: actually the binaries are not my choice from the beginning; I need
to build the source code before I use it, for future understanding and
customizing i.e. modifying the code then building it.

About the errors:

After looking into the makefile, I had to put all the required lib files
into the src folder for the cl.exe and link.exe to see them, such as:
kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib \ advapi32.lib
shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib
ws2_32.lib \  msvcrtd.lib \ oldnamed\

And the nmake /f Makefile.win really feels them afterwards; however it stuck
at the point of error: Link: fatal error: Link1101: incorrect mspdb80.dll
version, recheck installation of this product, nmake fatal error U1077 :
'link.exe' return code '0x44d' stop"

I put into the source folder cl.exe and link.exe as mentioned in the build
documentation of xmail.

Tried these versions of mspdb80.dll with no use:

1-       from find-dll website

2-       from my-dll website

3-       the visual studio 8 and 9 common folders

4-       the visual studio 8 and 9 shared sdks

5-       From team tools of visual studio 8

Also I tried to build it all alone with MS visual studio 2005 & 2008 IDEs
but it is not clear with cpp files are associated with each other so that no
unresolved linking errors occur or multiple main definition errors occur
too.

Thanks for your time.

Gigi Ahmed

  SW Developer