Op 27-7-2011 14:44, Davide Libenzi schreef:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011, Ivo Smits wrote:
However, even if the problem was caused by my antispam solution, I think that
a crippled spool file should not break the POP3 session. Would it make sense
to you to add a check to XMail to detect missing newlines (as well as
incorrect end-of-message markers) while sending a message via POP3 (or SMTP)?
This is certainly a corruption induced by mail handlers poking within the
XMail internal spool files.
SPAM messages are just like every other message, and they get properly
terminated by newlines.
A missing newline is no different from any other form of corruption,
which, whatever handlers are piled up directly poking into the XMail
internal spool, are not supposed to generate.
A fix in whatever thing causing the issue is more likely a better place,
isn't it?
I agree that it is, and this is where I will (try to) fix the problem. However, I really think it would be better if XMail had some small checks on the data it sends to the POP3 client. Right now, a single corrupted spool file (for any reason) results in permanently broken SMTP sessions, with sometimes no proper notification and no easy way to diagnose and fix. Consider it as a feature request.

Thanks for your great software.

--
Ivo