>   Is Linux game dev die really? Some day ago I sent to a italian newsgroup
> my request for comment about the game dev in Linux, but most programmers
> had a bad opinion because of Linux has not market. What about do you
> think? Sorry for this my off topic....and awful English.

I wouldn't say it's dying, but I wouldn't say it was ever alive.

Linux does not hold the desktop gaming market, but being a Linux/Unix game
"programmer", I can safely say that's the *reason* I'm writing a game for
Linux - because we don't have it yet. A lot of people are writing free games
for Linux to compete with some of the commercial ones, even.

But, I also agree with some of the other things people have said already on
this thread, such as Linux and money don't have a lot to do with eachother
when it comes to games.

There's also the uncanny ability for some guy to grab Visual Basic and write
some crazy-but-simple game that steals Windows users away from Solitaire for
more than 8 minutes....

*  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *  http://clickass.org  *  ICQ# 1107012  *  AIM/Yahoo:
theGREENzebra  *  http://mp3.com/thegreenzebra
-----GEEK CODE 3.12-----
GCM/CS/IT/MU d? s: a22 C++++ UL++++ P+ L+++>$ E---- W++ N+ o K- w---$ O- M
V-- PS+ PE Y+ PGP- t++(+++) 5- X R tv(+) b+(-) DI+++ D+ G++ e h++ r+(---) y+
UF*++