On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Frank Cox said me 8-)

FC said->On the other hand, several computer hobbyists play with
FC said->game programming on Linux, and it appears that there is
FC said->a large "market" for non-commercial games on Linux, the
FC said->system of choice for many hobbyists.  However, there is
FC said->no money in the non-commercial market.

it's a truth; however I think that any sh could release as open source
their game engine while the data files remains to payment. This market
type should promote the spread of the game over most operating system
rather than limiting to the consoles or Windows system. If this engine
was open and to the advanced guard then the sh would have to have recourse
to it in order to make a game.