I'd do that, but I'm using MAME's windows version (ugh). I did try XGL, it
performed terribly, even with other GLX programs running over 50 FPS (like
tuxracer, armagetron, etc.) Also, your CPU has a big advantage over mine--
per MHz, the PowerPC series of CPUs is superior to the K6-2 :)

-- Deven "Epicenter" Gallo