sammy!! wrote:

I'm looking for a good front end. The ones I like don't seem to be operating properly now however, so I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck using frontends with xmame-0.62.2?

I used to like gRustibus, but it never got updated to handle the new command line options and would crash when rebuilding the game list :( I tried doing the CVS, but maybe I was using it improperly, but it didn't solve the problem. (anyone have any pointers or patches?)

gxmame doesn't like to run either, I have my ROMS mounted on an NFS mount and when I go to rebuild the gamelist it doesn't find most of the games with xmame-0.65, now with .66 it crashes with the following error:

Message: Loading gamelist
Message: Loaded 3596 roms by 315 manufacturers covering 27 years.
Message: with 179 games supporting samples.
Message: catver not loaded, using default values
Message: time elapsed:2.225807e+00
Message: Performing quick check, please wait:
Message: creating game list, Please wait:
Message: Loading gamelist
Message: Loaded 3596 roms by 315 manufacturers covering 27 years.
Message: with 179 games supporting samples.
Segmentation fault

Any hints or suggestions?

Could you try to compile GXMame with debugging option set and send me all messages you get when trying to rebuild a list, also could you send me the path you used for the NFS mount, I haven't tryed path through nfs mount but I think someone already had a problem with NFS and finally solved it.

--
Shad
GXMame: GTK+ XMame Frontend