barryc wrote:
From a copy of the XMame documentation I located on the web via a Google search:
URL I'm referencing is http://jausoft.com/Files/GLMame/xmame-doc-3.html
<BEGIN BLOCKQUOTE>
Xmame configuration

Xmame looks for the following configuration files and parses each one found. Files parsed later can overwrite options in previously parsed files:

    XMAMEROOT/xmamerc
    XMAMEROOT/xmame-DISPLAY_METHODrc
    ${HOME}/.xmame/xmamerc
    ${HOME}/.xmame/xmame-DISPLAY_METHODrc
    ${HOME}/.xmame/rc/<gamename>rc

XMAMEROOT is defined during compile time, see Makefile.

DISPLAY_METHOD is the DISPLAY_METHOD for which xmame was compiled, this can be one of: x11, svgalib, ggi, xgl, xfx, svgafx, openstep, SDL.

For xmess of course replace xmame by xmess. ;) <END BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...I may have to update my frontend to this format. Thanks for the info.

Scott