smf wrote:

Anyone that can't believe it takes a 4ghz cpu to run an interpreter for a
100mhz cpu is welcome to have a go at improving it.

Bear in mind that it's a 64bit processor and the x86 is only 32bit, so you
end up with major overhead. You might be able to slice off some cycles, but
getting it to run on a 2ghz cpu without the dynarec might be a bit tricky
( or impossible ).

out of curiosity, would a 64-bit processor help? I know some of us gentoo-ers are getting Opteron/Athlon 64's or Macintosh G5's to play with. I know the MIPS proc is quite a bit different architecture, but I'm wondering if there could be some major speed improvements... or at least a major cut in the overhead.