> Possibly more important than the 64-bit registers, the Opteron doubles the
> number of registers, making emulation of high register count chips easier.
> However, to take advantage of this, you'd have to re-write the dynarec
core
> to be Opteron aware, which may be non-trivial.

I was assuming that you'd use the C interpreter, otherwise you'd have to
rewrite the dynarec core to use 64bit registers anyway. I've not looked too
closely at Aaron's code, it might not be that complex. There was talk about
having front ends & back ends so you could port the recompiler easily, but
it hasn't happened yet.

Phill