Chris Jones wrote:

Actually, I had the drc compiled in with the previous version also and
it didn't run anywhere near the speed I get now.

On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 15:54, Marcus Leandro wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I think this change on speed is due to MIPS_DRC emulation that you have compiled in this time, but MIPS_DRC was in mame before 0.72.1 . It's clear that the killer Isntinct system emulation in mame need optmizations... we got this in full speed with U64Emu and this "ultra speed" difference can not be assigned only to the emulation accuracy way of mame devs. They will soon fix it, I hope :).

Yes, i see a really speed improve in this release. Killer Instinct run almost perfect on my axp1600+ 396mb and killer 2 slows down only on some stages.