Meghazi Fabien wrote:

Mortal kombat 2 and 3 runs fine except for the audio.
For 2 or three minutes, the sound is good, then it start to make glitches
and flicking for some minutes then the sound comes back to normal for 2
or 3 minutes, etc ... but I stay at 100% 60/60 fps !?

Did you try some of the other version of MK2/3, there are several
slightly different versions out there so maybe you're problem is related
only to the 'default' mk2/3 version of mame buth not to the other
versions? (They also used slighty different HW in those arcade machines
as well)
Did you try increasing the soundbuffer (although sinced the problem
occurs after minutes I guess this won't help that much)
You say you're 100% 60/60...
Maybe you can try a fixed frameskip of 2 or 3? This might gain you some
extra time to improve the emulation.
Also don't forget that MK2 and 3ines have some of the more heavier sound
hardware thats out there to emulate.

I tried to compile with sdl and sdl sound. When I run it using framebuffer in a console I don't have the sounbd problem, if i try the same binary under X I got the sound problem. BUT ! If i use this binary (SDL + SDL sound) when I shut down artds from kde I don't have sound problem under X

I don't know whether it will help, but DCS driver was cleaned up in 084u3 und works quicker and, I think, better.