> Quick question, in normal X, if you open a text editor or a console and
> type on all of the keyboards do you get the expected output to the screen
> without needing to use 'cat' or other direct access methods? Just making
> sure everything is working in X for you. If you're still having problems
> I'll set up a Mame test here with a PS/2 and USB keyboard and test a few
> things.

The second keyboard, as well as the Xarcade outputs fine in a text editor (vi
and kwrite as well).

I've done a little test. I launched xmame in a window : the controls are not
functionning well on the second keyboard and xarcade as usual (while
functionning properly on the first keyboard as usual too). Meanwhile and
without exiting xmame, I switch to the other window, and the second keyboard
and the xarcade continue to function properly with the text editor.