On Aug 26, 2004, at 11:53 AM, Matthias Saou wrote:

No, I never "make clean" since I build all 3 x11, SDL and xgl sequentially
in order to package all 3 while sparing compile time. Up to now, it has
never been a problem. Basically, what I do in a clean tree is :

make DISPLAY_METHOD=x11 X11_DGA=1 X11_XV=1
make DISPLAY_METHOD=SDL SOUND_SDL=1
make DISPLAY_METHOD=xgl

And collect the 3 resulting binaries.
Is it going to be problematic from now on? Is there a way with just
removing one or a few files instead of a complete "make clean" between each
target's build?

Nah, ignore that advice. I was just speculating that you might've applied the 0.85-0.86 patch and then immediately built without first cleaning out the old object files.

For the time being, adding JOY_SDL=1 should fix things.