On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 05:49:55AM -0600, Mark Nipper wrote:
>       There is no point in following the party line when that
> means holding back progress in certain areas just because the
> party line's choice of operating systems is limited.

What makes you think all mamedev uses windows ?  And did you ever hear
about "not biting the hand that feeds you" ?

> Not to say
> that running mame under win32 as a screensaver is impossible, but
> I doubt it's already been implemented.  Under xmame, the feature
> is 99.9% there and only really lacks (officially) the
> skip_warnings option.

That's bullshit.  You have options.skip_warning accessible from the
osd, just not from the .ini.  Nothing prevents you from toggling it
from the osd when you detect you're started from xscreensaver.

>       Besides, if the default is off, I cannot see where this
> is a problem.  As OSS, aren't we about enabling the user as
> opposed to crippling them?  Pay no attention; these are not the
> droids you are looking for.  :)

Mame is neither free software nor open source.

  OG.