On Dec 7, 2004, at 5:33 AM, Mark Nipper wrote:

Mame is neither free software nor open source.

Really? Straight from doc/mame/mame.txt:
---
II. Cost
--------
MAME is free. Its source code is free. Selling either is not allowed.

The "no selling" clause is what makes MAME non-open source, at least by official definitions. It's enough to keep the xmame project off of SourceForge.

At any rate, I'll give this some thought. I forgot to include your screen saver changes in 0.89, but I'll include them for the next release; at that time, I'll see if there's a solution that'll keep the most people happy.