Lawrence Gold wrote :

> xmame and xmess 0.100 are now available.

Thanks a lot Lawrence! :-)

> - Using "make install" no longer strips debug symbols from the
>    executables.

But it seems the default LD with -s still strips the binaries you get from
the compilation, so in practice this change doesn't do anything. Removing
-s from the default LD works for me to get the debug symbols at last (66MB
uncompressed, 22MB debuginfo rpm package). I've also set "ASM_STRIP =
true" (which isn't the default), although I'm not 100% sure it's
necessary. I think being able to easily enable debugging symbols to be
kept is a good thing (i.e. not needing to change 3 different settings to
get them), but as it REALLY bloats the resulting binary, it definitely
shouldn't be the default. Should a comment be added to the default
makefile next to "Normal linking." to explain the needed change to LD?

Another thing is that I now get this :

error: unknown option history_file, on line 46 of
file: /home/dude/.xmame/xmamerc ignoring line
error: unknown option mameinfo_file, on line 47 of
file: /home/dude/.xmame/xmamerc ignoring line

I've double checked, and 0.99 doesn't give those errors. Have these
options been removed or are those errors that didn't get reported before?
Setting cheat_file and hiscore_file still works.

Matthias

--
Matthias Saou                                World Trade Center
-------------                                Edificio Norte 4 Planta