ron hoffman wrote:
Hello all i was wondering how to cross compile xmame
back to mame in a unix type environment, i did try
using the mame makefile within the xmame sources and
had mingw32 dev libs as well as djgpp dev libs
installed on debian..
Thanks in advance, Ron Hoffman

One problem you'll run into is that src/windows isn't included with the xmame sources. You'd probably be better off trying this with the official MAME sources. As far as I know, you're the first person to try this, but I'm interested in your results because I'm thinking of using MingGW on my Mac at work as another way of generating our Windows builds.