Hi again everyone,

Seems like the call to parser.parse( ) at XmlRpc.java method parse( ) is the
culprit. There seem to be some occasions where this is taking 3 seconds.

I changed the XML parser through the sax.driver property (I am trying out
Piccolo at the moment since it claims interesting benchmarks) and am doing
some tests. I will let you know if I manage to isolate the problem.

best regards,

Josef