Hi
I am not sure if I can come with any useful for you, but I would try changing the argument to you function call from Vector to Object[]. My server runs Apaches XML-RPC and I have managed to use it with both xml-rpc for c and for c++.

Lars

Arne Kalaghan wrote:
Hello,
I have problems connecting an apache java xml-rpc client with a xmlrpc-c C++
xml-rpc server (system is ubuntu linux 8.04).

The client code is modified from the first example at
http://www.wordtracker.com/docs/api/ch03s02.html.

The server code is
http://xmlrpc-c.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xmlrpc-c/trunk/examples/cpp/xmlrpc_sample_add_server.cpp?revision=1083&view=markup

When running the client (after server is started) I get:
Exception
in thread "main" org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransportException:
HTTP server returned unexpected status: Not Found
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.getInputStream(XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:94)
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:152)
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcHttpTransport.java:115)
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:69)
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:56)
    at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:167)
    at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:158)
    at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:147)
    at test.apachexmlrpc.Client.main(Client.java:9)

The
java client can communicate with a server from the same apache package,
and the C++ server can communicate with a C++ client from the same
xmlrpc-c package. What can be the reason for the incompatibilities
between java and C++?

Here are the sources for completeness:

Java client Client.java:
================

import org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient;
import java.util.Vector;
public class Client {
    public static void main( String args[] ) throws Exception {
        XmlRpcClient client = new XmlRpcClient( "http://localhost:8080/"; );
        Vector params = new Vector();
        params.addElement( 5 );
        params.addElement( 7 );
        Object result = client.execute( "sample.add", params );
        if ( result != null )
            System.out.println( "Successfully pinged guest account." );
    }
}

C++ server xmlrpc_sample_add_server.cpp:
================================
#include <cassert>
#include <stdexcept>
#include <iostream>
#ifdef WIN32
#  include <windows.h>
#else
#  include <unistd.h>
#endif

#include <xmlrpc-c/base.hpp>
#include <xmlrpc-c/registry.hpp>
#include <xmlrpc-c/server_abyss.hpp>

using namespace std;

#ifdef WIN32
  #define SLEEP(seconds) SleepEx(seconds * 1000);
#else
  #define SLEEP(seconds) sleep(seconds);
#endif

class sampleAddMethod : public xmlrpc_c::method {
public:
    sampleAddMethod() {
        // signature and help strings are documentation -- the client
        // can query this information with a system.methodSignature and
        // system.methodHelp RPC.
        this->_signature = "i:ii";
            // method's result and two arguments are integers
        this->_help = "This method adds two integers together";
    }
    void
    execute(xmlrpc_c::paramList const& paramList,
            xmlrpc_c::value *   const  retvalP) {

        int const addend(paramList.getInt(0));
        int const adder(paramList.getInt(1));

        paramList.verifyEnd(2);

        *retvalP = xmlrpc_c::value_int(addend + adder);

        // Sometimes, make it look hard (so client can see what it's like
        // to do an RPC that takes a while).
        if (adder == 1)
            SLEEP(2);
    }
};

int main(int const, const char ** const) {

    try {
        xmlrpc_c::registry myRegistry;

        xmlrpc_c::methodPtr const sampleAddMethodP(new sampleAddMethod);

        myRegistry.addMethod("sample.add", sampleAddMethodP);

        xmlrpc_c::serverAbyss myAbyssServer(
            myRegistry,
            8080,              // TCP port on which to listen
            "/tmp/xmlrpc_log"  // Log file
            );

        myAbyssServer.run();
        // xmlrpc_c::serverAbyss.run() never returns
        assert(false);
    } catch (exception const& e) {
        cerr << "Something failed.  " << e.what() << endl;
    }
    return 0;
}

Kind regards,