Hi XMMS2,
To add to the upcoming DrJekyll release, we have some great Windows support now. Even though most XMMS2 hackers are too 1337 to run Windows, when they're stuck on it at work or at the grandparents' house, they needn't despair. Now there's an option to run XMMS2 on Windows, giving more credit to the 'X' in XMMS2.

As of this writing, I've just finished compiling Esperanza, too. (Still, XMMS2 hackers are way too cool to use anything but the CLI.) Thanks to this team's attention to detail and continual ability to hack, test, fix, and repeat, the Windows port builds out-of-the-box with minimal fuss and only has a few remaining quirks to iron out.

Due to the invasive nature of many of the Windows-related fixes and their being completed so near to release, most won't be included in this release. However, binaries which include xmms2d, the CLI, an mdns client, Esperanza, and Ruby, Python, and C++ bindings will be available now and through release (http://exodus.xmms.se/~puzzles/win32/). A list of plugins can also be found there. (Note that cdda and avformat seem to be broken.)

Thanks to those who braved the inferior development environment of Windows to make this one kickass release cycle!

-Dan "Puzzles" Chokola