On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 12:43:25 +0200
Sébastien Cevey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am not sure this problem is related to the CollectionIdlists table,
> although maybe the solution is.  But to me the problem is simply that
> collections only work on and retrieve sets, they don't support lists.
> Supporting medialists (along mediasets, as currently) in the DAG,
> either because the source is ordered (an Idlist), or because you
> insert a Sorting collection operator, is part of the features we
> envisioned for collections 2.0.. which Erik/nesciens applied to work
> on during GSoC ;-)

:-)

I agree that it is part of the solution. For now however it might also be
possible to have a xmms_idlist_query_infos-function, similar to the
xmms_playlist_add_collection/xmms_playlist_add_idlist-pair

> But I definitely would like to be able to do both.  Retaining the
> order of the Idlist throughout the DAG down to the query would also
> make it possible to have a nice _ordered_ filtering (think 'j' in
> XMMS1).
>
> nesciens, sounds doable to you (I hope) ? :-)

I was thinking of rewriting filter-operand to intersection(filter, operand) for
optimalisations, but I think I'll have to let that go when ordered filtering is
desired. I do think it is doable however :-).

Erik Massop (nesciens)