On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:25:15AM +0100, Daniel Svensson wrote:
> I saw you mentioning HAL, If you use GNOME there is also the
> possibility to setup keybindings from the GNOME shortcuts preferences:

        GNOME and I aren't on the best of terms.  I don't know, maybe it's
our differing cultural backgrounds.  But it seems strange to me that, in
order to run a tiny little utility to control a music daemon, I should have
to launch an X server and a large window and desktop manager.

        I didn't want to create a dependency on GNOME.  I wanted something
small that would work even if X wasn't running at all.  And I wanted to
learn a little about HAL and xmmsclientlib.  So I wrote my little program.

                                        Schwab