----- Original Message -----
From: "Anders Waldenborg" <and...@0x63.nu>
To: xmms2-devel@lists.xmms.se
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 7:08:02 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Interesting trees

Here is some comments on all interesting green and blue trees.

Thanks for the valuable feedback. I really found this useful.

puzzles/dsound has 7 changes not in devel. All are real! Lags 4 changes,
but merges cleanly

Has a TODO that seems relevant..

I have mostly lost motivation on dsound. When I get time to hack on it, I wipe
out a TODO item, then the whole file will disappear, and I'll squash the
commits down so it never existed and the dsound xform will be 1 commit.

puzzles/build has 4 changes not in devel. 3 of them are real, 25%
pollution. Lags 4 changes, but merges cleanly

OTHER: fix faad compiler warnings for newer versions of faad

This is crap. I mean the issue, not the patch. If you look at the faad
source uint32_t is actually used. But the headers are wrong.

Wow, that sucks. Good catch! I couldn't figure out what the Debian patches were
for. Deleting this commit.

OTHER: check for the presence of features.h and __GLIBC__

I think each function needing it should be checked properly instead.

Fair enough. Deleting this commit.

puzzles/tremor has 1 changes not in devel. All are real! Lags 4 changes,
but merges cleanly

It tries to build tremor even if it isn't installed.

Waf's variants really aren't the answer here. I tried building and testing a
version that splits vorbis into 2 plugins. Variants used to make both vorbis
and tremor show up as "vorbis" in the configuration output, too, which is lame.
As two plugins, this goes away, and common code is shared in
plugins/vorbis_common. Unfortunately, Waf is not playing nice right now and
doesn't seem to like compiling the same code twice.

--
Dan Chokola