On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 4:05 AM, Daniel Svensson <dsvens...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 3:06 AM, David Richards <raw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > From the commit message:
> >
> > FEATURE: pitch effect plugin
> >
> > There is a plugin called vocoder that does pitch things. It doesn't work
> > to well for me.
>
> Define "doesn't work too well for me" at:
> http://bugs.xmms2.org/bug_report_page.php
>
> > The converter type should be made into a config option.
>
> The input-converter-part should most likely be ripped out in favor of
> inserting the converter into the chain where needed, and thus only
> supporting FLOAT as intype. This will hopefully be improved during the
> summer and can be removed at a later stage as the xform is completely
> optional anyway, and SRC will be needed for the pitch effect still.
>
> > git:
> > https://github.com/oneman/xmms2-oneman/tree/rfc-pitch-effect-plugin
>
> Left some minor comments for you in the diff.
>
> --
> Daniel Svensson

Thanks for the comments, I will take them all into consideration :D

I have updated that branch with another xform. reverse for reverse playback.
It will only work on seekable sources, and only with decoders with frame
accurate seeking.

On the start of a new song it will seek to the end and start there, when it
gets to the begining it will return 0 length to advance the playlist in the
normal direction of course, but playing all songs backwards and thus
revealing satans great influence on us all.

It MUST be the first effect, esp if you use the pitch effect in combination
with this.

config values for use:

effect.order.0 = reverse
effect.order.1 = pitch

pitch.enabled = 1
reverse.enabled = 1

Works with vorbis, mpg123 and flac (with a single line patch).

Enjoy!

https://github.com/oneman/xmms2-oneman/blob/3a5d35777b28298dec0a7e3d57235e75babf2b49/src/plugins/reverse/reverse.c

David Richards

ps. Hail Satan!