On 28/06/2010 17:06, Julien Cristau wrote:
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 16:53:05 +0100, Jon TURNEY wrote:

What do people think about the attached (untested) patch as an approach?

Since register_fpe_functions() is now called by the server for every
generation, we can arrange for that to do the needed
re-initialization for a new server generation, and avoid libXfont
needing to track server generations itself.

This removes serverGeneration from libXfont, so any client which
depends on the existence of that weak definition won't build any
more, but that seems to me to be a strange thing to do...

Doesn't that break pre-1.9 servers, which won't call
register_fpe_functions?

Yes.

There's possibly also a problem with the initialization happening twice since there are now two paths which lead to it.

Oh well, never mind :-(