On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 01:04:45PM +0000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Hi Egbert,
>
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 01:13:41AM +0100, Egbert Eich wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:18:47PM +0000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > > I'm pretty uncomfortable with the suggestion here.  No, wait, very
> > > uncomfortable.  (Not to mention that if any misuse of funds _did_ go on
> > > here, then it sucks to be me, because if that was the case, then I got
> > > not a single cent from my complicity.)
> >
> > Not sure how this relates to what I wrote above.
>
> I'd taken your comment to be about the Board rather than about PayPal,
> so my apologies there.  Anyway, I'm not an expert on US vs. European
> financial law, so I don't have too much else to add. :)

No problem, and maybe my wording was to blame for the
misunderstanding.
I have no doubt that you as the organzier of that event
are not to blame. You have spent a lot of time organizing
that event and acted in the best interest of X.Org.
Also each request for funding was passed to the board
for approval by you.

Cheers,
        Egbert.