2010/3/16 Bridgman, John <john.bridg...@amd.com>:
> Ahh, that makes sense -- so the relicensing from X11 to GPLv2 already
> happened, and the proposed relicensing was going to be from GPLv2 to v3.
> Asking if the code can be licensed back to X11 (allowing use in the X.org
> project) certainly sounds like a good next step.

I'm glad we got that misunderstanding out of the way.

If anyone is psyched to work on this, but doesn't have hardware,
Brett/FSF and/or I/Freedom Included and/or Octavio/Poder Digital can
work with Xorg donations people to get a Lemote Yeeloong to the Xorg
project.

It looks like this chipset is also in some other stuff, like some
older Thinkpads:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/SMI_LynxEM (checked and you can get some
of them for $50-$100 on ebay).

Happy Hacking,