On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:54 PM, Niklas Hauser
<niklas.hau...@rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> The advantage of the CMSIS header files over the SVD files is that everyone
> actually uses them to compile code.
> The SVD files originally were only for the Keil IDE debugger to assign
> meaning to IO memory addresses.
> They therefore aren't required to be completely accurate, which is a
> problem.

So do you think it would be a good idea to generate Rust register
definitions (or whatever these are called) from the headers instead of
SVD files?

> Yeah, it wasn't my best talk, I'm not practiced enough to handle such a
> complex topic.
> I'm currently writing a very long blog post about modm, going into all the
> details of it.

Looking forward to reading it!

> That's based on this proof-of-concept implementation:
> https://github.com/salkinium/save-the-clocktrees
> https://github.com/roboterclubaachen/xpcc/pull/39
>
> The CubeMX data does contain real clock graphs, which are used as the data
> model behind the Clock Configuration tab in CubeMX, however they didn't
> contain the _full_ clock graph.
> So I added it manually for the F100 and designed an experimental API. But I
> didn't find a good API for it in the end.

Ah, I knew about these, I just thought you made a new version that works better.

Antal