Hi All,

I'm looking for a good mid-range (under $150) AGP video card with DVI-D
output. I'm interested in maximizing performance (2D and 3D, although
mostly 2D) under XFree 4.1.0 at 1280x1024 with open source drivers, no
binary-only modules.  Any suggestions?

I looked through the archives for a discussion like this in the past two
months to no avail.  Sorry if it's there and I missed it.  I'm not
subscribed to the list, so if you could cc: me that would be great.

Thanks,
Wayne

P.S.  Since January I've been using the Matrox G400 with the DFP
daughtercard and a digital flat panel (no monitor on the analog output).
It works OK, but I thought there might be a higher performance solution
now.  FYI, I have had two small problems with this setup:  with matroxfb
on Linux, I had to remove the line from its init routine that pokes 0x00
to register 0x1F (this would disable the DVI-D output).

And XFree 4.1.0 would overwrite register 0x1E, causing the DVI-D display
to go blank by redirecting the output to the analog port, unless I use the
option "UseFBDev".  Except that DGA does this on initialization even with
"UseFBDev".  At the moment I work around it by starting a background job
to rewrite the register when using a DGA program, as I haven't gotten
around to looking at the XFree86 source (it's rather big).