Hello!

I'd like to propose a change to Xv standard, to add a function "XvGetImage",
which could be used to transfer data from videoram to system memory. 2
possible situations it can be used:

1. grabbing data from tv-decoder such as ATI AIW series. AIW doesn't have a
   v4l interface, I guess because it would clash with X drivers.
2. using the card to do accelerated colorspace conversions for video
   recompression programs.

I need it for point 1 and IMHO Xv is logically the correct place for such a
function.

What do you think?

Please CC me, I'm not on the list.

Bye,

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023

--
                Where do you think you're going today?

PGP signature