On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 12:03:33PM +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> I've no idea on how Debian update their XFree86 packages, you'd need to
> contact them. Or you grab the CVS from XFree86 and build yourself.
>
> Alan.
>
> On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 03:32:16PM +0200, Anders Rune Jensen wrote:
> > Ohh that sound good. I really hope it works. Im running debian SID, and
> > the latest Xfree is 4.1.0-6. Trident CyberbladeXP does not work with
> > this one. Was the the Xv support without acceleration supposed to work
> > in that package, or do I need to wait for the trident patch?

All changes Debian makes to the upstream sources are documented in the
package changelog, and in even greater detail in the source package, in
the directory debian/patches.

I have applied no patches to the trident driver beyond what is in
xf-4_1-branch, because the recent commits to the trident driver were
huge and I don't know if they depend on other internal changes to the
server that may have taken place since 4.1.0 was tagged.

Aaron Lehmann (another Debian developer) is currently experimening with
the Trident driver, so I may be able to apply an Xv patch for trident in
the near future.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       "Bother," said Pooh, as he was

PGP signature