>  > Another update on My Twinhead Powerslim 600 with the Cyber9525DVD:
>  > I changed the hsync hardcoded adjustment to 0 (it was initally 23)
>  > I left the vsync at -2.
>
> This will break it for others. We still don't know exactly how to
> calculate these values exactly.

I've done some playing around with my laptop based on a Trident
Cyber9525DVD, and I'm beginning to believe that the CRTC values can't be
correct.  In particular, the CRTC values change from what X sets when I
press Fn-F5 to switch displays, and when I plug these values into the LCD[]
array, the overlay becomes centered properly (without modifying the
h/vsync).  I haven't managed to get 640x480 (unstretched) to work with the
overlay, since I can't get the trident driver to set the "proper" values
(e.g. the values I set in the LCD array end up being different from what
gets programmed into the VGA CRTC registers).

The CRTC values I'm getting from my card when I switch video outputs is the
same ones that are '#if 0'ed out above the current LCD[] array.