On Thu, 2001-10-18 at 14:21, Michael Zayats wrote:

> ok, lets suppose that video overlay is only one and that it uses the
> same memory or whatever for both windows, but the first window is
> already drawn on screen correctly (i.e. in framebuffer)

No, it's the whole point of an overlay that the image isn't blit into
the framebuffer but overlaid by the hardware where the framebuffer
contains the color key.

> why the hell it should be overwritten blue?

That's the color key. You see it because the overlay is active in the
other window.

> I hope it's not the case and there is some way to draw
> xvimages to two windows, I don't want to think what will happen if it's not
> :(

Not if there's only one adaptor with only one overlay.

You could add a second adaptor which uses the texture engine, like it's
already done in the tdfx driver.