i'm running 3.3.6, and was up to now using xkb for my german keyboard.

the problem i've encountered is:
programs like xscreensaver, quintuple-agent etc. that are grabbing
the keyboard for passphrase input cannot receive input that is generated
using mode_switch+key, eg. @ (mode_switch+q).

i've digged into both apps and added ugly printf debugging, and that
is what i detected: there are two events generated, one for the
keypress of altgr and one for q. XLookupString returns no string for
the first event, which is ok as altgr/mode_switch is nonprintable and
just a modifier. unfortunately, XLookupString does then return just q
for the second event, which is wrong.

all other x apps like xev that do not grab the keyboard work fine.
everything works fine, if i switch off xkb totally.

my xkb setup is absolutely plain, model pc102, layout de,
variant nodeadkeys and options ctrl:nocaps.

i went through the list archive, but i have not found anything
that seems to be related to that problem.

my question now is: is this a known problem? if so, how likely
is a fix for this?

regards
az

--
+ Alexander Zangerl + [EMAIL PROTECTED] + DSA 42BD645D + (RSA 5B586291)
answering machine: "you've reached an imaginary number.

signature.ng