Matthew Reppert wrote:

> Hi, I have an AIW Radeon :) The general concensus on getting TV in/out
> to work for this card is that you HAVE to recompile a few things from
> source, one of which being X. Well, the build goes along fine, but the
> binaries that it makes segfault as soon as it starts loading modules.
> In fact, the last thing in my X log is "Loading module 'bitmap'". If I
> just run X, I'll see "Segmentation fault." on the terminal I'm on, and
> get booted back to bash ... I'm on kernel 2.4.12, gcc 2.95.3, GNU
> binutils 2.11.2 ... any ideas? Here's a copy of my host.def included
> as well. This is (currently) the major roadblock to getting the most out
> of my graphics card, and I'd like to get it to work. Very much ^^;
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

You don't need a host.def if you haven't changed anything...

Sounds like a build problem.  How did you get your sources?  What setup
did you do?  Did you do a 'make World >& World.log' and then a 'make
install' (as root) from the 'xc' directory?

(Are there any failures in the 'make World'?  search for '***' in your
World.log.)

--
Kevin