On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Sottek, Matthew J wrote:

> >You can't do this for blitted video though. The cliplist is stale
> >by the time you display. Not a problem though since blitted video
> >are merely fallbacks.
>
> Why not? Use two offscreen buffers to hold the data and blit the
> correct one over when the HOLD bit gets unset. Can't you check
> the cliplist at the time when the bit is removed?

    We don't know how to get the cliplist.  Drawable specific
information is lost by the time you get into the driver.  Xv
passed you the cliplist explicitly during the put that represented
a snapshot at the time the request was made.  Once you leave
your Put function the cliplist is stale.  The very next request
may have moved the window.

                                Mark.