On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Sottek, Matthew J wrote:

> >"Sottek, Matthew J" wrote:
> >>
> >> Here is the proposal again, if there are on complaints I'll
> >> implement it this way.
> >>
> >> #define XV_HOLD         0x0
> >> #define XV_TOP_FIELD    0x1
> >> #define XV_BOTTOM_FIELD 0x2
> >> #define XV_FRAME        (XV_TOP_FIELD | XV_BOTTOM_FIELD)
> >
> >Just to clarify, the default atom value will be XV_FRAME right?
>
> Yes, existing Xv clients do not need to change anything. It will
> works just like it always has. Clients can query for the
> XV_FRAME_TYPE atom to see if the driver supports this new
> functionality. I plan on resetting it whenever the Overlay is
> turned off.

   I think the idea was this is a write-only attribute and
only applied to the next Put.  That is a self-canceling option.
Autoreseting on off only cleans up if the client quits after it sets
the attribute but before it calls Put.  As a side note to
the ReputImage stuff in the server, I think the appropriate
usage might be to ignore all Stop requests that don't have the
exit flag set.  It looks like Stop still gets called during
clip changes.

   Is XV_FRAME_TYPE the best name for this?  In the MPEG stream
this would be called the picture_structure.  I have no objection
to XV_FRAME_TYPE, but I'm wondering if there is a more descriptive
name.

                                mark.