Hi.
I write to know the opinion about some problem. You are XFree developer, so i
think You know something.

Its about -> reseting vconsole <- after X crash. Why ist so important?

In my opinion XFree can not be 100% stable, because there are two _diffrent_
ways of developing:
- making more stable, making perfect,
- adding new features.
99% - yes :) Butt not 100% stable.

So, when i work on XServer i _must_ be 100% sure that i will not lose control
over my system. I have rarely X crashes, for example when i exit
RTCWolfenstein3D, or when i must use SAK Sysrq+k (for example when program
like VMWare steal the keyboard and crash). In result virtual consoles are
damaged - they look like screen shot of Gnome for example.

This i call: "losing control over my system" - i cant use vconsoles, i cant
run programs on other /dev/tty than /dev/tty7 (after restarting xserver using
blindly typed "startx")...

I know that other people have that problem. Damaging vconsoles is not a good
thing - they are base in linux.

I know that this is probably kernel thing, however it relates XFree very
much. So can You or someone give a signal to kernel developers? I will write
to lkml too later.

Regards Refuse.