Hi,

        What OS are you running?  I had this same problem with all versions of
the Linux kernel from 2.4.3 - 2.4.7.  I'm running 2.4.9 now and the
problems with VT switching have gone away.  There was also a bullet in
the release notes for the latest -ac kernel, which state that a fix for
VT switching was rolled into the kernel - but this is probably a
seperate problem than what I experienced.

Jeffrey H. Ingber (jhingber _at_ ix.netcom.com)