This message is primary directed to Alan Hourihane, but I figured I'd
post it to the list.

I was curious if there has been any developments with Trident since late
August when news was posted here on the list and elsewhere that Trident
wasn't providing decent enough support for their chipsets any more.

I am yet another new laptop owner (Toshiba Satellite 1800-4K1), and of
course it has the Trident Cyberblade XP as the graphics portion of it's
integrated chipset.

If there hasn't been any progress made, I presume that it would still be
adviseable to write to trident to ask them to assist the XFree project
as best they can, as I presume they've done in the past?  Obviously
anybody with this chipset would like to see accelerated X support...

If I've missed a recent update regarding this (I've scoured the mailing
lists about this chipset over the past week since I purchased this
laptop), please point me to the appropriate post.  If not, I'd sure like
to know what we can do about this...

-Adam