On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 12:50:54PM -0800, A. J. Clark wrote:
> This message is primary directed to Alan Hourihane, but I figured I'd
> post it to the list.
>
> I was curious if there has been any developments with Trident since late
> August when news was posted here on the list and elsewhere that Trident
> wasn't providing decent enough support for their chipsets any more.
>
> I am yet another new laptop owner (Toshiba Satellite 1800-4K1), and of
> course it has the Trident Cyberblade XP as the graphics portion of it's
> integrated chipset.
>
> If there hasn't been any progress made, I presume that it would still be
> adviseable to write to trident to ask them to assist the XFree project
> as best they can, as I presume they've done in the past?  Obviously
> anybody with this chipset would like to see accelerated X support...
>
> If I've missed a recent update regarding this (I've scoured the mailing
> lists about this chipset over the past week since I purchased this
> laptop), please point me to the appropriate post.  If not, I'd sure like
> to know what we can do about this...

We've still got a situation. I have the backing of the software
development team at Trident, but the Marketing folks there are holding
things up and I don't know why. I've even had their software development
team talking to their Marketing team with still no headway.

It's a waiting game until their Marketing department get their act
together. But again, you can still email them and express your views.

Alan.